Review your conditionals for the IELTS test
To master conditional grammar, you need to see it, hear it and use it in a variety of context and review it regularly.
IELTS Conditional Grammar Review
All of these sentences come from the slides.
- Click anywhere to move forward step by step, click on the questions for fun quizzes.
- Click on the box of chocolates in the bottom right-hand corner to get back to the chocolate selection box.
- Tap the hearts to check answers.
- Click on the 3 dots on the slides to play full screen.
IELTS Conditional Grammar Course
If you’d like more detailed practice and feedback using Conditionals specifically for the IELTS Test (Writing and Speaking), the 28-Day Conditionals Bootcamp is one of the many grammar courses in the Members Academy all-access pass.
The course covers:
Week 1 (Band 5+)
- How to use Zero and First Conditional structures in Speaking Task 1
- Common expressions and idioms that you can use in speaking
- Common mistakes
- The grammar of ‘Unless’ and ‘In case’
Week 2 (Band 6+)
- How to use Second Conditional for Speaking Part 2 and Writing Task 2
- How to use ‘Wish/If only’
- Alternative to ‘if’
- More formal, less common structures
- Other ‘hypothetical’ grammar
Week 3 (Band 7+)
- Third conditional meaning, grammar and pronunciation
- ‘Wish’ for regrets
- Wish I could go vs Wish I had gone
- More formal versions
Week 4 (Band 8+)
- Mixed Conditional Grammar
- Type A and Type B Mixed Conditionals
- ‘If it wasn’t for’ expressions
BONUS: ‘wish’ vs ‘hope’
BONUS: Had better
BONUS: Regret + ing
Do you need motivation, high-quality materials, a roadmap, feedback, guidance and an IELTS specialist teacher?
Upgrade to the Members Academy today.
Get instant access to all courses, challenges, boot camps, live classes, interactive and engaging classes, 1:1 support, and a friendly tight-knit community of like-minded learners to get you to Band 7+.