I help busy people develop the essentials skills and knowledge they need to get an excellent IELTS score in the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way.
I’ve been a teacher ALL my life and I’ve been helping students prepare for their IELTS test in the Members Academy and Community since 2017.
– You’ll be able to fit my 10-minute tutorials into your daily routine.
– My step-by-step lessons will walk you through everything you need to do.
– You’ll find my materials refreshingly engaging and user-friendly.
– You’ll find out in my feedback sessions.
– Your Personal Progress Tracker will identify where you’re losing points.
– You’ll develop independent learning skills and how to manage your progress without a private tutor (and you’ll always have me here to help!)
– You’ll be able to ask questions and get help in the Private community group.
The Members Academy is more than just a course. It’s a school, a community and a fabulous all-round learning EXPERIENCE, designed to help you become a confident, pro-active and independent learner.
The cost of my courses and services is based on
– my skills, qualifications and experience (30 years of investing in professional development)
– the time and expertise that it takes to create the very best quality materials and provide you with the very best support
– the tools and resources that you have access to when you become a member
I give away a lot of my time and materials for free but paying for high-quality tuition will mean that you are more likely to value the course, do the work and get results.
It’s my job to make sure that you get results!
MA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Distinction) – University of Reading 2005
BA/Hons First Class Degree in English and French – University of Reading 1992
Cambridge/RSA Diploma in TEFL – University of Swansea 1997
IELTS Speaking and Writing Specialist since 2002
CELTA and TESOL Trainer and DELTA local tutor since 2003Winner of Cambridge English Language Assessment/English UK Research Award 2015
I was born in WALES and now I live in Essex, near London.
I got my Cambridge TEFLA Diploma in 1997 and my MA in TEFL in 2005.
Since 1991, when I spent my University year abroad as a Teaching Assistant in Lycee Louis Lapicque (Epinal, France).
After graduating, I started teaching Academic Skills in FRANCE at Dijon University and then I spent 3 years in JAPAN and TAIWAN. Then 4 years in POLAND and 2 years in SRI LANKA.
I teach Academic Skills at Essex University.
I felt quite frustrated that I had so much knowledge about IELTS but I could only help a few students in my class.
I wanted to find a way to share what I know and help more people.
With my website and Members Academy I can put all my experience, materials, tips and strategies in one place to save you time and energy.
It was always my dream to have my own school, and it’s come true!
I also really love creating interesting materials like my IELTS Mind Maps – I didn’t have time to do this when I was working full time.
I’m an IELTS geek and I know the test very well. There are other courses that have been put together by people who aren’t even teachers, and who certainly have never been examiners.
Very often these courses just abandon you as soon as you have paid, and so you lose motivation.
I think it’s my job to keep you motivated, keep you studying, encourage you to carry on when the going gets tough, and be there to help you when you need support.
Oh yes and I forgot to mention, my students get excellent results! I’m very close to them and very proud of what they achieve.
I compare IELTS preparation with my running experience – it’s boring and exhausting and takes ages to get better.
When I follow a programme, I get faster. But as soon as I stop, my fitness levels drop, I slow down and put on weight that makes me even slower.
That’s exactly the same as IELTS.
And nobody can run for me – I have to do it all myself.
I once paid for a personal trainer and ran the fastest I’d ever run in my life.