IELTS Writing Feedback
Do you need individual IELTS writing feedback and coaching to help you prepare for your test?
A one-time purchase of $175 will give you
- 8 detailed video assessments of Task 1 and/or Task 2 for both General Training and Academic IELTS.
- A bank of 60 x Band 9 Model Task 2 Writing examples, and 30 x Band 9 Task 1 Writing examples.
What is an IELTS Writing Feedback Video?
Each time you submit a Task 1 or 2, I will send you a feedback video where I go through your Writing as the examiner does.
- I will analyse, correct and assess your writing
- I will use the official Band Criteria to clearly show you what you are currently scoring.
- I will keep a separate Google doc for you so that you can keep all 8 tasks in one place.
- I will correct the grammar, punctuation, spelling and structural errors
- I will suggest alternatives and give you action points for things I notice coming up frequently.
- I will email you a video link to the feedback (you can download it).
Can you give me an example?
Amelia was stuck at 6.5 and had taken the test several times.
This document shows you the exact steps we took to move her up to her final Band 7 Grade in under 3 weeks.
Can you show me a typical feedback video?
In the videos below, you can see two feedback videos that I made for a student in the Members Academy.
In the videos you can see how I
- examine the TASKS
- analyse a model answer
- go through the student’s writing
- refer to the Band Descriptors
- suggest areas she needs to work on.
IELTS Writing Task 1 Sample Feedback Video
IELTS Writing Task 2 Sample Feedback Video
Is this IELTS Writing Feedback package right for me?
This 8-Task Writing Feedback is designed to help people who need to find out where they’re going wrong and what they need to do to hit the band descriptors for their desired score.
It will help people who:
- have taken the exam before and are stuck on the same band
- have never taken the exam before but need to pass it and don’t know what to do
- have 3 months of preparation time
Do I need to do 8 pieces of IELTS writing?
The benefits of the 8-task coaching are:
- You work on a variety of task types
- I get to know your weakpoints better and can give you more specific advice
- You gradually develop your skills over time
- If you’re in the Academy, I can point you to the lessons you need to cover.
If you have your test coming up soon and just want an idea of what you may be doing wrong, you can choose the 2-task package.
In my experience of Writing Coaching this is what happens:
Video 1: I identify the main problem – you work on this one problem e.g. your opinion is not stated
Video 2: I look at what you changed, but it’s not quite right e.g. your opinion is stated but it’s not clear
Video 3: You try again, and it’s a bit better e.g. your opinion is stated and clear but your arguments do not support it
Video 4: The ‘lightbulb’ moment – you understand the problem and you know how to fix it.
Video 5: You’ve fixed the main issue – now we look at less important areas e.g. you forget articles/plurals, your language is too informal
Video 6: You work on these areas while ALSO practising what you learnt in Videos 3/4
Video 7: You produce a piece of writing that is exactly the Band you’re aiming for – YAY!
Video 8: You practise what you’ve learnt and feel confident that you can apply this high standard to any question type – final tips
What happens when I pay?
- You’ll get an immediate confirmation receipt (please check your junk email box)
- I will email you a choice of Writing Tasks
- You will choose your first Task
- You will send me the Task and your Response by email.
- I will analyse, correct and assess your task by video and google doc.
- I will email you a link to the video and google doc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I try before I buy?
If you’re not sure whether to commit to the full Writing package, you can try the 2-task option here.
Who will mark my essays?
The only person who will mark your essays will be me (Fiona). I’ve been teaching and assessing IELTS Writing for over 20 years.
Can I join the full Members Academy?
Absolutely. You will get instant access to everything included in the Academy, plus weekly individual writing feedback and group lessons. Find out what’s included here.
You can easily contact me if you have any questions or specific requests, so please don’t hesitate to ask if something’s not clear.
I look forward to helping you work on your Writing!
All the best for now,