8 x IELTS Writing Feedback Videos
Need to get some writing feedback and coaching to help you prepare for your test?
A one-time purchase of $200 will give you 8 video assessments of Task 1 and/or Task 2 for both General Training and Academic IELTS.
Each time you submit a Task 1 or 2, I will send you a feedback video where I go through your Writing as the examiner does.
- I will send you a list of Task 1 and Task 2 questions (Academic or General Training)
- You will also receive my Bank of 60 Band 9 Model Task 2 Writing examples, and 30 Band 9 Task 1 Writing examples.
- I will use the official Band Criteria to clearly show you what you are currently scoring (check my page about Band Criteria here).
- I will keep a separate Google doc for you so that you can keep all 8 before/after in one place.
- I will correct the grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- I will suggest alternatives and give you action points for things I notice coming up frequently.
- I will email you a video link to the feedback.
Take a look at what happened when Amelia, who was stuck at 6.5, submitted her 8 pieces of Writing.
This document shows you the exact steps we took to move her up to her final Band 7 Grade in under 3 weeks.
In the videos below, you can see two recent videos that I made for a student in the Members Academy.
In the video you can see how I look at the question, analyse a model answer, go through the student’s writing (she’s high level, so I’m speaking at natural speed!), look at the Band Descriptors and suggest areas she needs to work on.
Video 1 – IELTS Task 1
Video 2 – IELTS Task 2
Is this coaching package right for me?
This 8-Task Writing Feedback is designed to help people who need to find out where they’re going wrong and what they need to do to hit the band descriptors for their desired score.
It is best for people who:
- have taken the exam before and are stuck on the same band
- have never taken the exam before but need to pass it quickly and don’t know what to do
Do I need to do 8 pieces of writing?
In my experience of Writing Coaching this is what happens:
Video 1: I spot the main problem – you work on this one problem e.g. your opinion is not stated
Video 2: I look at what you changed, but it’s not quite right e.g. your opinion is stated but it’s not clear
Video 3: You try again, and it’s a bit better e.g. your opinion is stated and clear but your arguments do not support it
Video 4: The ‘lightbulb’ moment – you understand the problem and you know how to fix it.
Video 5: You’ve fixed the main issue – now we look at less important areas e.g. you forget articles/plurals, your language is too informal
Video 6: You work on these areas while ALSO practising what you learnt in Videos 3/4
Video 7: You produce a piece of writing that is exactly the Band you’re aiming for – YAY!
Video 8: You practise what you’ve learnt and feel confident that you can apply this high standard to any question type – final tips
As soon as you get your IELTS Writing Feedback video pack:
- choose any Task from the list I send you.
- send it to me within an email
- make sure the question is clear so I know what you’re answering
- keep a list of errors that you have corrected so that you can avoid making the same mistakes twice.
- try to make sure you do a good variety of tasks e.g. GT – informal/formal letters Academic – Bar chart, Describe a process etc.
Remember that I’m easily contactable if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org – so please don’t hesitate to ask if something’s not clear.
I look forward to helping you work on your Writing!
All the best for now,